official website

official website
click for full website

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Storyboards Ahoy

In the last half of last year I completed several commercial storyboard jobs.. here are the results.
I love doing this kind of work, I'm good, I'm quick... and I'm hungry for more. So feel free to hit me up if you have a storyboard project you'd like to discuss :)

Storyboards for BUPA Health insurance Moonlight cinema TVC pitch
Storyboards for Ariette steam-mops TVC

Storyboards for VW Amarok TVC script 

Storyboards for Fibre-Flare TVC

Off with the fairies 2

I finished the mural art for Fairy Land Emporium almost six weeks ago. As usual I'm late with documenting it, but this time I have a good reason... I've been busy creating a website for the fairies too.

Here are some pics of the finished art and shop, and the website.

PS. Apologies, the site is not quite optimised for mobile-viewing yet, but will be soon enough.


Saturday, December 1, 2012

Off with the fairies

Well the universe must know that I recently became a father to a little girl... my current project involves creating the brand identity, mural art, and web-presence for a Fairy party & fairy merchandise shop!

Its a far cry from anything I've done before, but I must say I'm enjoying creating something that children will see as a little bit magical:)

The following is the logo that we arrived at, and some roughs (very very rough!) and progress shots of the mural art. I'll post the finished work soon.

The shop is called Fairy Land Emporium, located at 314 Melbourne road Newport. Parents with little kids in the area, I highly recommend you drop in and chat to Nat about planning an awesome fairy party for your little ones!

This final logo was inspired by a combination of the Flower fairies by Cicely Mary Barker and the colourful outfits that Nat has on offer in the shop. Size considerations for how the logo would sit on the window and the fascia were a big factor in the final logo size. I created a custom font based on a few different fonts that were not quite what was needed, the key words for the font were 'Tim burtonish' 'Wonky' and 'Happy looking'! 

Here's how the logo looks on the shops light-box, I really dig this pink! 

The final drawing for the logo, before it got all vectored up.

The initial selected rough (one of three designs)

Here's how the logo looks on the fascia and shop window, respectively.

Super rough mockup for the mural art on the walls. 
Both sides of the shop are to be painted end to end, top to bottom.

The following is the progress of the mural art so far...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Concept art project: Crossbow & symbol design

I completed work on my film concept art project nearly two months ago... and completely forgot to
post it here.

The remaining work consisted of a design for a crossbow style weapon and design of symbols that feature in the film. I can't talk too much about the actual elements in the context of the film, as it's in production, but here's The final illustrations along with some development work. Enjoy!

The final crossbow design, As requested in the brief: a combination of natural, synthetic, old-school & futuristic.

We tried it with a few amber plastic parts, but went for a cleaner look in the end.

Fourth & last stage of development sketches, 'C' was chosen.

Third stage of development sketches, 'I' was picked for further alterations & development.

First & Second set of rough thumbnail sketches. 'I' & 'M' were chosen to develop further.

Final complex symbol design. An element of shamanistic culture that features in the work. 

Last lot of development for the complex symbol.

Some characters for the symbol were based on existing Chinese characters, but most were simply made up from scratch, drawing on Chinese, Tibetan, and Hebrew characters. Also trying to imagine what alien languages might look like. 

A drawing that captured the feel of the desired symbol.

An initial unsuccessful attempt at the desired symbol aesthetic.

First drawings for the complex symbol element.

Other symbols, that were intended to be applied to a costume element.